Contact: Mrs Mairwen Hughes
Declaration of Interest
To receive any declaration of interest from a Member or Officer in respect of any item of business.
To receive any announcements from the Chairperson, Leader of the Council or the Chief Executive
To submit a report by the Chief Executive, as presented to the Executive on 25 January 2021.
It was RESOLVED to :-
· Note the recommendations of the Appointments Committee and confirms that :-
· The post of Director of Place and Community Wellbeing (also known as the Director of Place/Director of Regulation and Place Shaping for the purpose of the recent recruitment attempts) be removed from the Council’s Constitution;
· A permanent role of Head of Regulation and Economic Development be created and for this role to be advertised externally;
· A new post of Corporate Strategy Officer be established and advertised externally.
· Confirms its approval to the insertion of Enclosure 2 which reflects the above amendments to the Council’s structure, in the Council’s Constitution;
· Confirms its approval for the Chief Executive (following consultation), in accordance with the existing authority included in 220.127.116.11 of the Constitution, and as a result of the above structural alteration, to distribute the relevant areas of responsibility among the Senior Leadership Team and the Heads of Service, as required;
· Confirms its approval for the Monitoring Officer, in accordance with the existing authority included in 18.104.22.168.6 of the Constitution, to amend the Constitution (including the scheme of delegation to Officers) to reflect the decisions made by Council in relation to the above structural alteration and the distribution of responsibilities among the Senior Leadership Team and the Heads of Service made by the Chief Executive under the sixth bullet point above;
· Confirms its approval for such other consequential amendments to be made to the Constitution by the Monitoring Officer to reflect the above recommendations.