A number of council meetings are live-streamed.
All meetings are also uploaded after the event onto the our webcasting site.
Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Llangefni
Contact: Mrs Mairwen Hughes
Declaration of Interest
To receive any declaration of interest from a Member or Officer in respect of any item of business.
To receive any announcements from the Chairperson, Leader of the Council or the Chief Executive
The Chair made the following announcements:-
· The Council welcomed the positive Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) report on the Social Services Department. CIW identified areas of strength, good practice and service development and did not highlight any areas of significant risk or safeguarding matters. The Chair wished to congratulate the Social Services Department on receiving such a positive report from the Auditors.
* * * *
The Chair referred to the announcement by the 2 Sisters Food Group in Llangefni and their intention to close the site.
The Leader of the Council said that this would have a tremendous effect with the potential loss of 730 jobs which equates to 22% of the employment within the private sector in Llangefni. She noted that meetings are currently being undertaken with the Company, both UK and Welsh Government Ministers and the Member of Parliament and Assembly Member. Discussions have taken place with the First Minister, Mr Mark Drakeford to consider how the company could be supported and dealing with the potential loss of employment on the Island. She further said that a Task Group will be established to ensure effective co-ordination and collaboration and to continue with the negotiations to put continued pressure on the Company to safeguard the employment of the workforce at the 2 Sisters Food factory in Llangefni.
* * * *
The Chair expressed his deepest sympathy to the family of the late Councillor Alun Mummery.
The Leader of the Council, fellow Elected Members who represents the Aethwy Ward and other Members of the Council paid tribute to the late Councillor Alun Mummery for his work as an Elected Member and as the Portfolio Member for Housing Services since 2017. It was noted that Councillor Mummery was proud of the work achieved by the Housing Department. It was further expressed that the late Councillor Alun Mummery’s interest was football and was at the forefront of the achievements of the Llanfairpwll Football Club. The Members referred to his humour, knowledge and friendship and their deepest sympathy was extended to the late Councillor Mummery’s family.
Condolences were extended to any Member of the Council or Staff who had suffered a bereavement.
Members and Officers stood as silent tribute.
* * * *
Annual Treasury Management Review for 2021/22 PDF 600 KB
To submit a report by the Director of Function (Resources)/Section 151 Officer, as presented to the Executive on 29 November 2022.
Submitted – the report of the Director of Function (Resources)/Section 151 Officer as presented to the Executive on 29 November, 2022.
The Portfolio Member for Finance, Council Business and Customer Experience said that the Council is required by regulations issued under the Local Government Act 2003 to produce an annual treasury management review of activities and the actual prudential and treasury indicators for 2021/2022. In accordance with the Scheme of Delegation, the report has been considered by the Governance and Audit Committee on 21 September, 2022 and forwarded to the Executive without comments on 29 November, 2022. The Executive resolved to forward the report to the full Council without any further comments.
It was RESOLVED:-
· To note that the outturn figures in the report will remain provisional until the audit of the 2021/2022 Statement of Accounts is completed and signed off: any resulting significant adjustments to the figures included in the report will be reported as appropriate;
· To note the provisional 2021/2022 prudential and treasury indicators within the report.
Statement of Accounts 2020/21 and ISA 260 Report PDF 2 MB
To submit the following, as presented to the Governance and Audit Committee on 18 January 2023 –
• The report of the Director of Function (Resources)/Section 151 Officer –
Statement of the Accounts 2021/22.
• The report of the Head of Profession (HR) and Transformation – Annual
Governance Statement 2021/22.
• The report of External Audit on the audit of the 2021/22 financial statements
(ISA 260 report).
Submitted – the report of the Director of Function (Resources)/Section 151 Officer as presented to the Governance and Audit Committee on 18 January, 2023.
It was RESOLVED:-
· To accept the Statement of Accounts 2021/2021 and authorise the Director of Function (Resources)/Section 151 Officer to sign the accounts;
· To note the increase in the Council Fund underspend by £228k for the financial year 2021/2022, due to amendments made during the audit period which impacted on the Council Fund. This increases the underspend for the year from £4,798k to £5,026k.