A number of council meetings are live-streamed.
All meetings are also uploaded after the event onto the our webcasting site.
Venue: Committee Room 1, Council Offices, Llangefni / Zoom
Contact: Shirley Cooke
Declaration of Interest
To receive any declaration of interest from any Member or Officer in respect
of any item of business.
Councillor Dylan Rees declared a personal interest in Item 4 on the agenda. He reported that he knows one on the applicants, having sat with him as a member of a Community Health Council.
The minutes of the Selection Panel’s previous meeting held on 6 June 2023 were confirmed as correct.
To consider adoption of the following:-
“Under section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, to exclude the press and public from the meeting during discussion on the following item on the grounds that it may involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in Schedule 12A of the said act and in the attached Public Interest Test”.
RESOLVED to adopt the following:-
“Under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, to exclude the press and public from the meeting during discussion on the following item on the grounds that it may involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in Schedule 12A of the said Act and in the attached Public Interest Test.”
Appointment of an Independent Member to a vacancy on the Standards Committee
To submit a report by the Director of Function (Council Business)/Monitoring Officer.
Submitted - a report by the Director of Function (Council Business)/ Monitoring Officer on the selection process for the appointment of a new Independent Member to the Standards Committee.
The Solicitor (Corporate Governance) reported that following the Selection Panel’s meeting on 6 July 2023, the vacancy for an Independent Member was advertised on the Council’s website, Twitter and Facebook, Bangor and Anglesey Mail and Daily Post. The deadline for applications was 5:00pm on 7 July 2023.
The Panel considered the applications received against the set criteria previously agreed and as outlined in the report, in order to draw up a shortlist
of candidates for interview.
With regard to the interview questions (Enclosure 4), it was agreed that Question 8 should be listed before Question 7 on the interview assessment
• That the Selection Panel considered each application (included in Enclosure 1 to the report) and drew up a shortlist of candidates for interview.
• That the Selection Panel agreed the proposed correspondence to the successful/unsuccessful candidates for interview, as included in Enclosure 3 to the report.
• That the Selection Panel discussed and confirmed the interview process including the questions they would ask, the order in which they would be presented, the scoring and the scoring matrix, as detailed in Enclosure 4 to the report.
• That the period with regard to Question 7 in Enclosure 4 of the report is 6 months.
• To accept the proposed letters to the successful/unsuccessful candidates following interview included in Enclosures 5.1 and 5.2.
• The Panel agreed that the shortlisted candidates be invited for interview at a date and time to be confirmed.
• The Panel agreed that references will not be requested until after the selection process.