Council meetings are now live-streamed on our YouTube channel.
You are also able to see a list of our upcoming live-stream meetings.
All meetings are also uploaded after the event onto our webcasting site.
Venue: Virtual Meeting
Contact: Ann Holmes
Declaration of interest
To receive any declaration of interest from a Member or Officer in respect of any item of business.
To consider adopting the following:-
“Under Section 100 (A) (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, to exclude the press and public from the meeting during the discussion on the following item on the grounds that it may involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in Schedule 12A of the said Act and in the attached Public Interest Test.”
Llangefni Area Schools' Modernisation - SOC/OBC for Ysgol Talwrn and Ysgol y Graig
To receive a report by the Head of Profession, HR and Transformation.
It was resolved –
· To approve the Strategic Outline Case and Outline Business Case (SOC/OBC) for the new Foundation Phase block at Ysgol Y Graig.
· To approve the submission of the SOC/OBC to Welsh Government.
· To approve ring fencing capital receipts for the construction of the new school building Foundation Phase block at Ysgol Y Graig.
· To delegate authority to the Director of Education, Skills and Young People in consultation with the Director of Function (Resources) /Section 151 Officer and the Director of Function (Council Business) / Monitoring Officer to amend the SOC/OBC if necessary – if the changes do not result in material changes (in terms of policy, principles, financial contribution, risks and harm to third parties).
· To ring fence developer funds from housing developments within the Ysgol Y Graig catchment area to contribute towards the cost of the project.
· With the prior agreement of the Council Chair, to exempt Scrutiny’s right to call in the decision, as Welsh Government needs to consider the Strategic Outline Case/Outline Business Case at its meeting on 16 September, 2021. Any delay in delegating the funding would be detrimental to how quickly the project could be implemented.